A stringent pre-admission assessment will be implemented after the initial screening to ensure that the children are a good match to each other.
Here is what to do if you are interested in one of the preschool groups:
- Call Mighty Oaks and make an appointment for a parental visit to meet our Director Suvi and view the premises (free of charge). These appointments are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- One or more individual screening appointments for the child with the Director. The cost is $200 and the appointment takes an hour, in the presence of the parents. The screening is normally done informally through play, and typically one appointment is enough. Please note that the assessment fee is non-refundable. Verbal feedback will be offered.
- Program trial of 10 days, followed by a parent meeting to view videotapes of the child and discuss observations and recommendations ($1,990 for 10 days, includes a parent feedback meeting).
- A fully refundable one-month deposit is required to secure place.
- Children join the Mighty Oaks programs for one six-month term at a time. Short-term placements are accepted in some cases.Children may be admitted at any time, provided that a vacancy is available.
- A notice period of 4 weeks is required for any change of days.
- An 8-week notice is required for a withdrawal in order to get the deposit refunded.
Procedure for individual programs is simple:
Parents are welcome to contact us directly to make an appointment. Please note that all individual therapy sessions and assessments are chargeable.